EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND COOPERATING STATEMENT
The equal opportunity and cooperating statements should be placed in small print at the bottom of a page, the back of a publication, or wherever it seems appropriate. The Equal Opportunity Statement must appear on all materials, programs, flyers, advertising etc. as follows: “Extension programs are available to all without discrimination.” Additionally, if you are publicizing an event that is open to the public, this statement must appear: “If you have a disability for which you seek an accommodation, please notify _______________ (name and preferred contact) by _________ (specific date or so many days before the event).”
The Cooperating Statement should be on all letterhead and official Extension communication as follows:
“Colorado State University Extension, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Colorado counties cooperating.”
CSU Extension Disclaimers
Shortest Standard Disclaimer
- No endorsement of products mentioned is intended, nor is criticism implied of products not mentioned.
Three Versions of Short Disclaimer Statements for Products & Services
- The information given herein is supplied by CSU Extension with the understanding that no endorsement of named products is intended, nor is discrimination or criticism implied of products mentioned or not mentioned. To simplify technical terminology, or for the purpose of information, trade names of products and equipment occasionally will be used.
- Trade or brand names mentioned are used only for the purpose of information; CSU Extension does not guarantee nor warrant the standard of the product, nor does it imply approval of the product to the exclusion of others which also may be available, nor does it intend discrimination or criticism of products or providers that are mentioned or not mentioned.
- Vendors are listed as a service to Extension clientele. CSU Extension does not guarantee nor warrant the standard of any vendor’s product, nor does it imply approval of the product to the exclusion of others which also may be available, nor does it intend discrimination or criticism of products or providers that are mentioned or not mentioned. In addition, CSU Extension assumes no liability for harvesting or use of vendors’ product.
Short Disclaimer used on Some EFNEP Materials using Brand Comparisons
- Trade or brand names mentioned are used only for the purpose of information with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by Extension is implied.
CSU Extension Disclaimer for External Web Links
- Notice: By activating the link, you will be leaving this Colorado State University Extension website. Links are provided for educational purposes, consistent with the CSU Extension mission. We do not attest to the accuracy, objectivity or research base of the information provided, nor do we imply any endorsement of the information, products or services you may find there.