By using Time Management you can learn to:
- Determine which of the tings you are do are important, and which can be dropped.
- Use your time in the most effective way possible.
- Increase the time in which you can work.
- Control the distractions that waste your time and break your flow.
- Increase your effectiveness and reduce stress.
The Tools of Time Management are:
- Evaluating your use of time
- Setting priorities and then focusing on them (Create a To Do list)
- Planning for effective use of time
- Setting goals
- Creating an Activity Log
- Adjusting your schedule to your energy levels
- Using time more effectively
- Don’t procrastinate!
- Creating more time
- Avoiding distraction
Shift your focus by:
- Concentrating on results, not on being busy. Ask yourself: Am I just keeping busy or am I getting results?
- Concentrating on the 80/20 rule: 80% of what we do should occupy 20% of our time and vice versa. Do what matters!
Becoming more effective helps to reduce stress by:
- Being more in control of what you do.
- Being productive and secure in your job.
- Enjoying what you do.
- Giving yourself more quality time to relax and enjoy life outside of work.
People often don’t manage their time because:
- They don’t know about it.
- They are too lazy to plan.
- They enjoy the adrenaline rush of meeting tight deadlines.
- They enjoy crisis management.