Depression is a serious, life-threatening condition that affects an estimated 19 million Americans. Knowing the signs and symptoms can help people know when to seek professional help.
- Colorado Crisis Services – http://coloradocrisisservices.org
- Agricultural Financial Crisis – https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/agmain/ag-financial-crisis
- All About Depressio – www.allaboutdepression.com
- Internet Mental Health – http://www.mentalhealth.com/home
Crisis Telephone Hotlines
- 1-800-SUICIDE is the Colorado Helpline. It is a suicide prevention, crisis intervention, depression management, and referral telephone number for people who live in Colorado.
- Additional Hotline Listings
Resources to Create Farm & Ranch Support Groups
- Robinson, J. W., Jr. (1982). Successful Farming: Stress and How to Live With It. Meredith Corp.
- Robinson, J. W. Jr. (1983). Study Guide for Stress and How to Live With It. Meredith Corp.
- Robinson, J.W. Jr. (1983). Stress and Wellness Home Study Guide (Set of six audio cassettes). (Available from Dr. Jerry Robinson, Jr., 305 Mumford Hall, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801.)
- Williams, R. T. (1987, January). Neighbor to Neighbor: A Do-It-Yourself Guide for Organizing Farm Family Support Groups. Madison: University of Wisconsin.
- Molgaard, V. (1985, October). Self-Help Groups (An 8-session guide). Ames: Iowa State University Extension Service.