Colorado’s energy system is a complex network of energy sources, uses, and infrastructure. Individuals, businesses, and whole communities now face choices about how to generate and use energy in sustainable ways. CSU Extension resources can help you make decisions around topics including Ag Energy Efficiency, Biofuels, Biomass, Case Studies, General/Other, Geothermal, Home Energy Efficiency, Hydropower, Oil & Gas, Solar, and Wind.
Connect With Us
- CSU Extension Energy Facebook page
- CSU Energy Newsletter
- Subscribe to the Energy Newsletter/email list serv
- CSU Extension Energy You Tube
- Contact Us
Additional information can be found under the specific topic areas listed below.
- Agricultural Energy Audits (6/12)
- Air Sealing Colorado Homes (2/13)
- Easy and Inexpensive Home Energy Ideas (8/09)
- Electric Vehicles in Colorado (5/12)
- Electricity Generation in Colorado: What Happens When You Flip the Switch? (4/14)
- Energy Checklist for Homeowners (12/08)
- Energy Checklist for Renters (3/14)
- Energy Conservation in the Home (3/14)
- Harvesting Energy from the Sun: Solar Photovoltaics (10/09)
- Heating Colorado Homes (9/13)
- Insulating Colorado Homes (9/13)
- Introduction to Domestic Solar Hot Water Systems (8/13)
- Landscaping for Energy Conservation (3/09)
- Oil and Gas Development in Colorado (9/14)
- Saving Energy in My Home: Coloring & Activity Book (5/12)
- Solar Lease Financial Calculator (11/14)
- Solar Leasing for Colorado Homes (8/12)
- The Sun-tempered Superinsulated House (3/14)
- Using a Power Monitor to Control Your Electricity Costs (11/14)
- Water Heating in Colorado Homes (9/13)
- The Whole-House Approach to Energy Efficiency (12/14)
- Wind Energy for Colorado Home Owners, Farmers and Small Businesses (5/15)
- Wind Site Assessment (Grid-tied System) – DIY (11/14)
As of late 2015, there was 16.5 megawatts (MW) of community solar in Xcel service territory between 25 different projects in Colorado. That averages out to 660 kW per solar garden and should produce enough electricity to offset the use of about 3,500 homes.
Lunch ‘N’ Learn Energy Webinars
Join CSU Extension for regular energy webinars over the lunch hour. Learn more
Energy Checklist for Renters
As a renter, you have fewer options for energy savings than homeowners. However, there are some simple measures that you can take to cut your energy use and costs. Learn more
Harvesting Energy from the Sun: Solar Photovoltaics
Solar energy can generate all or a portion of a home’s or business’ electrical needs. Learn more
Landscaping for Energy Conservation
Insulation keeps heat in the home during cold months and also keeps unwanted heat out during warm months. Learn more
Energy Feature Programs
Rural Energy Center
Helping rural Colorado make informed energy decisions.
Colorado Energy Master
Up to 30 hours of in-depth energy coursework with optional certification as a Colorado Energy Master.
Energy workshops, publications, decision tools, webinars, and more.
Clean energy curricula, classroom and youth group presentations, kit loans, and teacher trainings.