Energy usage at home and work often relates to financial bottom line decisions. An Energy Checklist and Audit large and small can help you pinpoint your energy needs, and Extension resources can help you make informed decisions. Topics include: Ag Energy Efficiency, Biofuels, Biomass, Case Studies, General/Other, Geothermal, Home Energy Efficiency, Hydropower, Oil & Gas, Solar, and Wind.
Additional information can be found under the specific topic areas listed below.
- Agricultural Energy Audits (6/12)
- Air Sealing Colorado Homes (2/13)
- Easy and Inexpensive Home Energy Ideas (8/09)
- Electric Vehicles in Colorado (5/12)
- Electricity Generation in Colorado: What Happens When You Flip the Switch? (4/14)
- Energy Checklist for Homeowners (12/08)
- Energy Checklist for Renters (3/14)
- Energy Conservation in the Home (3/14)
- Harvesting Energy from the Sun: Solar Photovoltaics (10/09)
- Heating Colorado Homes (9/13)
- Insulating Colorado Homes (9/13)
- Introduction to Domestic Solar Hot Water Systems (8/13)
- Landscaping for Energy Conservation (3/09)
- Oil and Gas Development in Colorado (9/14)
- Saving Energy in My Home: Coloring & Activity Book (5/12)
- Solar Lease Financial Calculator (11/14)
- Solar Leasing for Colorado Homes (8/12)
- The Sun-tempered Superinsulated House (3/14)
- Using a Power Monitor to Control Your Electricity Costs (11/14)
- Water Heating in Colorado Homes (9/13)
- The Whole-House Approach to Energy Efficiency (12/14)
- Wind Energy for Colorado Home Owners, Farmers and Small Businesses (5/15)
- Wind Site Assessment (Grid-tied System) – DIY (11/14)
Solar panels covering most corners of center-pivot irrigated fields in Colorado could generate an estimated 56,821 gigawatt hours per year, roughly equivalent to the total annual electricity generation in the state.
Home Energy Audits
Home energy audits identify places in the home where energy and money are being lost. Learn more
Heating Colorado Homes
Tightly sealed, well insulated homes can be much less expensive to heat than leaky, poorly insulated homes. Learn more
Insulating Colorado Homes
Insulation keeps heat in the home during cold months and also keeps unwanted heat out during warm months. Learn more
Understanding Your Energy Bills (Video)
Learn from CSU Extension Energy Specialist Cary Weiner on understanding your energy bill. Learn more
Energy Feature Programs
Rural Energy Center
Helping rural Colorado make informed energy decisions.
Colorado Energy Master
Up to 30 hours of in-depth energy coursework with optional certification as a Colorado Energy Master.
Energy workshops, publications, decision tools, webinars, and more.
Clean energy curricula, classroom and youth group presentations, kit loans, and teacher trainings.