On behalf of Bill Nobles:
- 2017 Annual Commissioners Survey
- Peaks and Plains Region Positions Updates and Hires
- The NoCo Bloom publication
- Extension Alliance Visit Itinerary: June 3 – June 16, 2018
- CPRS Coaching – Jan Carroll & Cary Weiner
- eXtension Website – Ruth Willson
- Federal Lands Project – Ashley Stokes
Here it is—your link to the results—https://source.colostate.edu/csu-extension-2017-survey-results/. The survey indicates a high level of overall satisfaction with CSU Extension’s quality, value, responsiveness, and level of service among commissioners statewide.
- McKensie Harris starts April 2nd as the Golden Plains Area Livestock Extension Agent, in Yuma County.
- Shannon Auth started February 19th as the Custer County Director/Ag position.
- Park County Director Position interviews are April 12 and 13th.
- Peaks and Plains Range Specialist Position interviews are April 9th and 10th.
- The Las Animas County Extension Agent, Agriculture & 4-H interviews are May 1st and 2nd.
- The Fremont County Director/4-H/Ag/Hort position interviews are May 3rd and 4th.
- The Morgan County Director/4-H position interviews are May 31st and June 1st.
- Elbert County 4-H position is under review.
- Mallory Sikes, 4-H/Ag in Baca County is resigning from her position as of May 1st.
- Jennifer Cooney, FCS in Morgan County has resigned her position as of April 17th.
- For those of you who knew longtime 4-H agent Bernie Elliot, he passed away late last week. If you wish to donate, the family would like funds to go to Pueblo County 4-H Foundation. Contact the Pueblo County Extension office for more details.
The NoCo Bloom publication, which is gardening publication inserted into the local newspapers four times during the growing season, was awarded the Dorothy E. Hansell Marketing Award through the American Public Gardens Association. This publication is a collaborative effort of the CSU Extension Office in Larimer County, the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture at CSU and the Gardens on Spring Creek. We are in our second season and print approximately 40,000 copies for each issue. Copies are available at various locations and are also inserted into the Coloradoan, Windsor Beacon, Loveland Reporter-Herald and other newspapers. Extension staff, Master Gardeners and CSU professors contribute articles to the publication. I’ve attached the latest edition (March 2018).
Lou has asked that we begin drafting the itinerary for an Extension training project as part of China-US University-based Agricultural Extension Alliance exchange program (For more information of China-US University-based Agricultural Extension Alliance, please visit http://www.cuuae.org/english.html). We will be hosting about 11 people from these Chinese Universities in Colorado the week of June 4. A very tentative itinerary is attached.
If you notice your county on it, contact us and let us know if that timing works for you.
If you notice your county NOT on it, but you are interested in working with the Chinese group and/or traveling to China for related exchanges, contact us.
Primary sites in the Peaks and Plains Region
- Visit Kit Carson County Extension
- Visit Washington County Extension and USDA Agricultural Research Station
- Visit Logan County Extension and Sterling Regional Engagement Center
Please contact Yvonne and me so we can let Tina Zhang know if this works for you ASAP. Any question or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Our coaching webinar for CPRS on March 23 was recorded and is posted at this link: https://youtu.be/HvcZbyOH3F0. Thanks to all the participants for your attention and good questions. Please continue to send your concerns and suggestions to us so that our data will be timely, accurate, and complete for various reporting purposes.
The eXtension Task Force created a website highlighting resources within eXtension into one easy-to-find location – http://extension.colostate.edu/extension-2/. The new website links from the Staff Resources page under Computer Support and includes information on the following topics:
- Search for Information in the Land Grant system
- Develop Ideas through the Impact Collaborative
- Join a Community of Practice
- Get your eXtension ID
- Join Ask An Expert
- Publish through eXtension
- Learn through eXtension Resources
If you know of other eXtension resources that are not listed, please let Ruth Willson know.
The Western Rural Development Center has issued a request for participation from Research and Extension professionals in the West on a new program seeking to address concerns related to Federal Lands Management in the region. Please see the attached announcement if you are interested in participating in this project.