On behalf of JoAnn Powell:
- County/Area Directors’ Meeting
- CPRS Reporting
- Performance Appraisal Task Force
- Director’s Advisory Council
- New website for ordering Extension business cards, etc. is now live – Joanne Littlefield
- Congratulations and Best Wishes
- Front Range Searches
Remember to register. While planned for directors, this conference is open to anyone who is interested in participating. The program features fun, networking, 8 hours of supervisor training, and 4 hours of ‘Fullpower Workplace Communication & Boundaries for Adults.’ Registration, at a reduced cost, is available for those wanting to attend just the supervisor training. Click here to register for the C/AD Meeting. Click here to register for your hotel room. Meeting and hotel registration deadline is January 8, 2018.
Get it done. Include a narrative that tells the story of one of your projects or impacts. Let your good work shine. CPRS will accept 2017 inputs until 9:59 pm on December 31.
Performance Appraisal Task Force
Based on your input, the committee tweaked the performance appraisal form. You are welcome to view a DRAFT version at https://extension.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/DRAFT-PerformanceAppraisalForm-v12.20.2017.pdf. The draft is NOT interactive and should not be used for the performance appraisal process. We are working on building the newly revised form and will post early January. This revised form will be used for the 2017 review process that will commence after the first of the year. Changes include a tasteful alfalfa and pumpkin color theme; consolidated narratives; movement of all future oriented items to the last section of the form; and fewer rating options for the skills for success. Thanks for your recommendations.
Director’s Advisory Council
Based on organizational input, DAC decided to continue the salary administration process that has been used the last two years for another two years. In this process, the annual salary increase is a combination of a set percentage to each individual’s base pay AND a dollar amount base on their annual performance rating. The Salary Task Force will continue its work, and look at how compression impacts Extension employees and other opportunities to recognize excellent and continuing performance. Thank you to our regional representatives Jacki Paone, Eric Hammond, Eric McPhail, Kurt Jones, Dennis Kaan, and Travis Hoesli for connecting campus and field in our discussions.
Minutes are available at: http://extension.colostate.edu/staff-resources/directors-administrative-council-dac/.
New website for ordering Extension business cards, etc. is now live – Joanne Littlefield
The new site is live for business card ordering, and for letterhead and envelopes. You will be able to specify your new program, area, or county signatures for these.
Go to: https://csuextension.goepower.com/
Congratulations and Best Wishes
…to Robert Cox, who is retiring December 31. Robert joined CSU Extension November 1, 1989 as the Jefferson County Extension horticulture agent and later moved to Arapahoe County as their horticulture agent in July of 2006. Thank you Robert for you service.
…to Kevin Miller, who left us as the Boulder County Extension director December 15 to move to Kenai, Alaska where he is buying a family fun center. It has bounce houses, black light mini golf, birthday party rooms, arcade games, and a cafe. Look Kevin up if you happen to be visiting Alaska.
…to Deryn Davidson on the birth of her son, Silas Afon England, born October 9.
…to Megan Blaser on the birth of her son, Alten Everett Blaser, born November 15.
…to Keeton Ehrig on the birth of his son, Otto Steven Ehrig, born December 12.
- Compliments of Douglas County, Meg McCann has joined our staff in a temporary, part-time assignment as a deputy county director in the Douglas County Extension office. Meg, a staff development and training coordinator with Douglas County, will be lending an extra pair of hands, supporting staff, and assisting Tim Aston, who is serving dual roles as Arapahoe County director and Interim Douglas County director.
- Claudia Meeks has accepted the Douglas County Extension 4H agent position, effective January 8, 2018. Claudia is currently wrapping up her work as Tennessee Extension’s 4-H livestock specialist. Welcome aboard Claudia.
- Welcome to Diana Juarez who will join us January 15 as the FCS agent in Adams County. Diana has worked as an Extension agent in both Texas and Florida.
- Boulder County Extension Director and El Paso County FCS positions are under review.
- Adrian Card and Deryn Davidson have accepted interim county director responsibilities in Boulder County. Thank you both.
- Katie Dunker joined us as a program assistant in Douglas County. Welcome.
- Sue Schneider is acting as interim director at the Larimer County Extension office. Thanks Sue.
#01-18 Larimer Director. This search is underway. Interviews will be held January 11 & 12, 2018. Search committee is being chaired by JoAnn Powell; members include Jean Glowacki; Keith Maxey; Alison O’Connor; Keeton Ehrig; Lew Gaiter, Larimer County Commissioner; Lorenda Volker, Larimer County Assistant County Manager; Jacob Castillo, Larimer County Director of Economic Development; and Harry Love, Larimer County Advisory Board Chair.
#03-18 Jefferson 4H Agent. This search is underway. This position closes January 11, 2018. Please help us get this into the hands of interested, qualified candidates. This search is being chaired by Irene Shonle; members include Jacki Paone; Barbie Garnett; Lacey Mann; Scott Thompson, Parr Elementary School principal; and Elsa Zarate, 4H parent.
#04-18 Weld 4H Program Associate-Endowed. This search is underway. Interviews will be held January 3, 2018 at the Weld County Extension office. This search is being chaired by Julia Hurdelbrink; members include Keith Maxey; Kim Sterkel; Kris Elliott, 4H volunteer leader; Sharon Ingloes, Weld County 4H Foundation; and Nico Ruscitti, Coordinator in the Youth Enrichment Division at the Rodarte Center.
#08-18 Arapahoe Hort Agent. This search is underway. Position will be advertised soon. This search is being chaired by Thaddeus Gourd; members include Tim Aston; Lucinda Green; Steve Newman; Tim Aston; Dan Goldhamer; and Andie Wommack.