On behalf of State Office:
- Regional Meeting Dates
- 2019 Annual Forum Dates
- Complete your online Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- Public Issues Leadership Development (PILD) – Jan Carroll
- Closed Captioning Resources – Ruth Willson
- Educational Assistance Award for State Classified Employees – from SOURCE
- New Staff Orientation (NSO) on Canvas
- Joint Board Minutes Now Online
- March 25-26, Front Range Meeting
- April 16-18, Peaks & Plains Region Meeting
- April 23-25, Western Region Meeting
Tentative: October 21-24, 2019 Annual Extension Forum, CSU Campus
It’s time for all CSU Administrative Professional employees to complete an annual COI disclosure (State Classified and County staff may disregard this). From either on campus or off campus, go to: https://vpr.colostate.edu/ricro/coi/ Please make sure to complete your online disclosure by the end of March. If you run into any issues or have questions feel free to contact Yvonne Bridgeman for help.
I plan to facilitate CSU Extension’s trip to PILD (April 14 – 17) again this year. The theme is “Enhancing Leadership Capacity for Emerging Issues.” While Lou provides support for each professional organization to send a delegate, the conference is open to anyone. This is a small conference with relevant content for any of us, and there is time set aside for visits to our Congressional delegation. Registration is now open. Please let me know if you are interested, and I’ll be sure to send you all the details as they develop. https://www.jcep.org/pild
Due to accessibility requirements on campus, videos are required to be closed-captioned if they are open to the public and accessible via the web. If they are not closed-captioned, the files need to be behind a password-protected area for compliance. I have identified three resources that provide closed captioning services:
- https://3playmedia.com – $3/minute – Mark Rose recommended this service. Please direct questions to Mark.
- https://rev.com – $1/minute – Ron Bend in Public Relations recommends. I have imported the script file for the Food/Nutrition videos and works well.
- https://www.automaticsync.com/captionsync/ – $2.45/minute. Small Acreage has used this service and they access our YouTube files via our account so they are set up to help.
If you have more questions about the policy and how to proceed, contact me at 970-491-6988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Classified Personnel Council is now accepting applications for the Educational Assistance Award. Five awards in the amount of $500 (less taxes) will be given out to the selected applicants. State Classified employees may use this award to meet any needs associated with further education, for example: tuition, books, child care expenses, gas for traveling to class. Applicants may use this award for any professional development or educational activity (workshops, certificates, or trades related course). Click here for application instructions.
Jan Carroll is now your facilitator for the online NSO. New employees are invited into the course, and are encouraged to complete one module each week for nine weeks. Please be in touch with Jan when you have questions or concerns, and share your ideas for improvement.
CSU Extension Joint Board meets yearly with administration during Forum. The board has representation for CCAA, CAE4-HA, CEAFCS and ESP. Minutes are now posted on our website under STAFF RESOURCES, ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES – http://extension.colostate.edu/staff-resources/joint-board-minutes/